Sunday 15 March 2009

The Truth of Being A Christian

I first came across this little poem about five years ago, and I believe this will be meaningful to you if you are seeking to grow spiritually during your journey in this world, no matter what values you currently abide by.
_____________________________________________

When I say..... "I am a Christian" 
I'm not shouting I'm clean livin" 
I'm whispering "I was lost" 
Now I'm found and I'm forgiven. 

When I say... "I am a Christian" 
I don't speak of this with pride. 
I'm confessing that I stumble 
and need CHRIST to be my guide. 

When I say.... "I am a Christian" 
I'm not trying to be strong. 
I'm professing that I'm weak 
and need HIS strength to carry on. 

When I say.... "I am a Christian" 
I'm not bragging of success. 
I'm admitting I have failed 
and need God to clean my mess. 

When I say...."I am a Christian" 
I'm not claiming to be perfect, 
My flaws are far too visible 
but, God believes I am worth it. 

When I say... "I am a Christian" 
I still feel the sting of pain, 
I have my share of heartaches 
So I call upon His name. 

When I say...."I am a Christian" 
I"m not holier than thou, 
I'm just a simple sinner 
who received God's good grace, somehow. 

No comments: